Saturday, January 5, 2008


This is my eighteen year old son. He is a senior in highschool right now. He is basically a good kid who does well in school. He has a stable girl friend, college goals, and loves nothing more than to cruise around in his mustang.
If he's had any problems, it is with acne. I can't tell you the number of times that we have visited the doctor. I will tell you that there are lots of good products out there that help substantially. There is also a great deal of products and information on the Internet that are available on the subject. Some that might be of help:
After writing yesterday's blog about reading tips for parents, I wrote an article that was posted on line. Please feel free to look for the article at http://Goarticles.com. You can find it by clicking on the eduction topic. I'd love to hear back from any parents (or teachers) who try some of the tips! These are tried and true strategies that I have used in the classrooms, in afterschool programs, and with tutoring. I try to be supportive with parents and let them know what works in the classroom so that they can continue working with the student at home.
The holidays are almost over. School starts back Monday for my kids. I still have the tree and decorations to take down, but it almost seems like I can hold back time if I don't take them down! Every year, my husband and I get what I call the After Christmas Blues. Does anyone else feel like that? Tonight we are going out to eat and to a movie to try to combat the blues. What do you do to feel better? I'll let you know about the movie tomorrow. We are going to see PS I Love You. Hope its good!
Until tomorrow, stay safe and stay healthy!

No comments: